Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Father’s Day Continued

I don’t even know where to start this post. Saturday while I was working, hubby loaded up Miss Bug and went to the grocery store to finish buying the groceries for our lunch and dinner on Father’s Day. Yes, he called me about 100 times asking me what was what and where to find it; but I give him lots for credit for making that grocery run as the list was a mile long and had a lot of odd items which he would never buy! And let me add that taking Miss Bug anywhere is a task in itself right now because she does not want to sit in the grocery cart or be held. She would rather run a million miles around the store and steal all your stuff! If you shop at the Helena Publix and get home missing items then my daughter probably confiscated those items. So all in all he did a wonderful job! When he got home he called a few times letting me know of a few items that he didn’t purchase because the store either didn’t have them or he couldn’t find them. One of those items was a late addition – LIQUID PLUMBER! I arrive home after running a few last minute Father’s Day errands and picking up the last few grocery items needed to find that my kitchen sink is clogged really badly. My hubby pours the liquid plumber in the sink and lets it sit for a little bit. No such luck! He has to take apart all the pipes (which flooded the entire kitchen) and purchase a 25 foot pipe snake. After 5 hours of working on the pipes with his brother-in-law’s help and trying every trick in the book they could not get the pipes unclogged. And let me add that they came up with some really crafty tricks to try and unclog the drain! I have to hand it to them for their perseverance and effort. So we spent Father’s Day (living like we were in the 1800’s) emptying buckets of water from under the sink about every 5 minutes!

I regret to inform you that my cheesecake and Parker House rolls as well as hubby’s chicken dish didn’t make the cut with all the sink issues we had going on. But all in all I think the day turned out pretty well and we had tons of fun and ate lots of great food!

I’ll post the recipes later tonight!

No comments: